Employ our services or purchase our products

WE DO NOT USE POISONS

We discourage the use of rodent poison to diminish the chances of animals dying inside walls and other difficult areas and to guard against poisoning of children, pets or area wildlife.   Therefore, we do not use poisons for any service we provide either.  Please see theProfessional Services page on this website for our Non-Chemical methods of handling rodents.

Danger to Children & Pets  


It is easier than you might think to leave a door open or otherwise accidentally allow access to poison that will harm or even kill a curious child or pet.  There is an antidote for it (Vitamin K) and stomachs can be pumped but it is still a very unhappy time for all involved and must be done quickly to avoid serious consequences. 


It is also a possibility that a pet could eat a poisoned rodent that doesn't make it out of your home before it dies.  We know of puppies that have died this way.


So, why take the chance???  


It is therefore substantially better to exclude or repel rodents before they get in instead of taking the chance of having poison on the premises at all.

Danger to Wildlife


Poisoned rodents that get out of your home will most likely die and then be eaten by wildlife that feed on them out there.


Disposal of rodents if they have not been poisoned is a good thing to do because that provides food for the wildlife.


But if the rodents eat poison before heading out or being disposed of, that's not a good thing for the wildlife.  We know of several wild animals that have died from eating poisoned rodents – especially several great horned owls in one story we were told by the person who discovered the dead owls but did not poison the animals that killed them.


It is therefore substantially better to exclude or repel rodents before they get in instead of poisoning them after they gain access to your home.

Danger to Ground Water


When rodents ingest poison they become desperate for water.  We have dealt with circumstances where rodents got into the well of the property, drowned and contaminated the water.  One situation was so bad that the water coming out of the faucets inside the house wreaked of the smell of dead rodents and made the house water unusable.  They had to move out of the house immediately.  What this also means is that the poison ingested by the rodents also got into that water. 


That can also happen when rodents die out in the wild and the poison in them goes into the ground and creates easy potential for that poison to go into the ground water.


Animals Dying in Walls, Ceilings, Other Difficult Places


Another potential result of when rodents ingest poison is that during the process of trying to get out for water they will bump into something and then, because rodent poisons are anti-coagulants, the animals bleed to death which often leads to their dying inside a wall, ceiling or some other place from which it may be difficult to locate and then extract them.  This can also turn out to be a rather expensive and messy process, depending on where they met their demise. 


It is therefore substantially better to exclude or repel rodents before they get in instead of poisoning them after they gain access to your home.